Minute-by-Minute Market Insights with Real-Time Generation and Transmission DataLive Power® delivers fastest-in-industry reporting of generation and transmission flow data. High-accuracy, real-time grid data is delivered every 60 seconds from a network of proprietary, patented sensors. With superior coverage of the most relevant plant and transmission lines, Live Power captures today’s most important market dynamics.
- Fastest-in-industry reporting supports first-mover advantage
- High accuracy generation data from patented measurement technology with advanced capabilities
- Superior coverage with more monitored plant and transmission line data
- Plant and transmission flow measurements of the most relevant resources focused on today’s important market dynamics and customer input
Become a Live Power Measurement Sensor Host
We pay landowners an annual payment to host our Measurement Sensors - the small box, pole and solar panel pictured on the left.
If you live near a power plant or electric transmission line, you may be a candidate to host one or more of our Measurement Sensors. Our sensors are unobtrusive and we’ll work with you to place them in an agreeable location.
Contact us to find out more, and read the FAQ below about becoming a sensor host.
Frequently Asked Questions
PowerSignals, QuickSignals, DataSignals API, DataSignals Cloud, and DataSignals Lake.
- Customer requests. In nearly every customer interaction we ask for a wish list of plants or transmission lines and we keep track of every request. We tally the requests and update those customers regarding our progress over time.
- Mid-merit plants that set marginal cost or price for many hours of the year.
- Peaking plants that are strong indicators of real-time price when they startup.
- Plants in load pockets that alleviate congestion.
- Transmission lines that bind for many hours per year.
- New generation such as solar, wind, and battery facilities.
Live Power pays landowners an annual payment to host our Measurement Sensors (MS). If you live near an electricity generation plant or an electricity transmission line, you may be a candidate to host one or more of our sensors. They are unobtrusive and we’ll work with you to place them in an agreeable location. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
How many years do you anticipate this device will be remain on the property?
We intend to have the sensor on the property for at least 5 years, but it is likely to be as long as the transmission line is in operation, and you are happy with it. Over time we may maintain or replace the device. The landowner may request it be removed or moved at any time. There is no long-term commitment. We will pay the agreed upon annual fee until either party wishes to terminate the agreement.
Who will remove the device at the end of its life?
A Live Power approved field technician will remove, maintain, or replace the sensor.
Who are your customers?
Our customers are electric utilities, independent power producers, large energy companies, and financial institutions.
What do your customers do with the data you provide them?
They use our data to understand the supply and demand balance on the grid. Additionally, they use it to understand how that balance may affect the price of power. With our data, they can buy, sell, or hedge their risks in the market more effectively.