technical support analyst
Join the Market Leader in Electric Power Trading Solutions!
Yes Energy’s industry leading electric power trading analytics software provides real time visibility into the massive amount of data that is generated by the US electrical grid every day. Our unique and innovative view of the data informs real time trading decisions that keep utility prices low and the grid up and running.
Be a part of our successful, growing business. We are seeking to fill one full time Technical Support Analyst position in our Boulder, Colorado Headquarters office.
Why are we called Yes Energy?
Our business was founded on the principle of saying Yes to customers. We think that our customers have great ideas and we try to say Yes to them as often as possible. Our culture is infused with a “can do” spirit and a drive to do more to help power market participants make great decisions.
What are we dedicated to?
Our customers, of course. We also care about power markets that work, and we support the pursuit of efficient markets by devoting our efforts to delivering the best market information and insight. We believe in the power of open and competitive markets to assure reliable and low cost supply of electricity to everyone.
How did we get our Yes Attitude?
As Michael McNair got Yes Energy up and running in early 2008 he often thought about something he read: how John Lennon and Yoko Ono met. John attended an art gallery where Yoko was putting on a show. One exhibit was a ladder and when you climbed up there was a magnifying glass that could be used to see a teeny, tiny Yes written on the ceiling. Who knows what Yoko was really trying to say but it seems to us that finding the positive answer is how a company should approach its work with customers.
Who Are We Now?
We are a team of energy and information professionals who really think that power market data is fun. We love to collect and integrate huge amounts of real time energy information and make sense of it for our customers. We are top notch energy analysts, database gurus, application developers and economists. Most of our team has devoted their careers to energy market information. We are dedicated to keeping up with power markets as they evolve, and taking responsibility for quickly solving sticky market data problems so that our customers don’t have to.
Where Are We Headed?
Our story continues as our users ask us to create new solutions that extend our support across their workflow. We are building new tools for people who participate in power markets and who make these markets work-- because we want them to work too ... and because we like to say Yes to our customers.
As a member of the Market Data Operations Group, the Technical Support Analyst plays a critical, front-line role in ensuring that Yes Energy lives up to our brand promise of: We promise prompt, friendly, and smart customer service.
The position serves as the most technically-focused member of the Customer Support Team - answering customer questions related to both technical supoprt and application usage. More than any other member of the Customer Support Team, the Technical Support Analyst needs to understand how our products work "under the hood" to facilitate efficient troubleshooting and communication of issues and enhancement requests.
This position also plays an important role in maintaining customer relationships, ensuring customer satisfaction and helping customers optimize application usage. This role is responsible for making sure interactions are properly documented and communicated to stakeholders within Yes Energy.
Please note, this position will help support our weekday Support coverage; working a schedule that includes Monday through Friday but does also include occasional Saturday/Sunday/Holiday support, as needed.
- Serves as a key member of the Customer Support Team - providing exceptional customer service, answering questions, troubleshooting issues and providing technical support to both internal and external customers.
- Answers customer phone calls, voicemails and emails in a professional manner; gathers appropriate data, analyzes problem situations and takes appropriate action to resolve problems or escalate within appropriate time frames.
- Serves as a technical subject matter expert on all Yes Energy products.
- Works directly with users to understand and resolve their application related issues.
- Works closely with development staff to facilitate communication about product issues and user experience.
- Clearly and thoroughly documents customer issues for development staff.
- Creates and updates documents regarding installation, troubleshooting, and best use practices
- Generates reporting to identify and communicate trends in product usage and application related issues.
- Trains others in the Customer Support Team to increase their understanding of technical issues.
- Creates, updates and closes CRM inquiries/cases and other problem resolutions tickets within designated time frames.
- Other projects as assigned by group organizer.
Desired Qualifications and Experiences
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a technology related field or discipline.
- Experience with customer success strategies, technical support/helpdesk, and/or technical sales roles.
- Comfortable communicating solutions to customers across a wide variety of communication mechanisms: IM, phone, email, formal presentations, etc.
- Exceptional customer service focus and skill-set.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical support and application use questions.
- Energy industry experience or experience in equities/commodities trading is preferred.
- Software testing experience is a plus.
- Experience interacting with case tracking software (Jira, Salesforce, etc.) is preferred.
- Experience with Yes Energy’s products will set you apart from other candidates.
- Boulder, CO
- Relocation is negotiable
- Yes Energy does not provide any visa sponsorship
How to apply
Please email a resume and cover letter to: jobs@Yesenergy.com
Only applicants who and include both a cover letter and resume will be considered.
Yes Energy provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Yes Energy complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.