Junior database administrator
The Junior Database Administrator is a diverse entry-level role within the Database Organization. The position offers the Junior Database Administrator the opportunity to gain exposure to both database administration and operations at Yes Energy so that they may develop into a mission critical senior DBA role over time. The Junior Database Administrator will also become familiar with nodal power markets and how our data operations and software tools improve our clients’ success.
The position will be responsible for various areas of database administration, including but not limited to: installation, upgrade, patching, backup and recovery, performance and tuning, security, monitoring, and replication management. The Jr DBA will provide support to all database instances, including Yes Energy’s test and production systems as well as clients’ database systems. The position responsibilities are broadened by writing stored procedures, functions, queries, Types, and views in PL/SQL for data collection and application support.
Ultimately the Junior Database Administrator will develop the skill and knowledge to independently execute the DBA support role - particularly in the areas of production support, data replication management, fail-over processes and DBA on-call duties.
- Support the ongoing maintenance, monitoring, security, replication, disaster recovery, and availability of Oracle databases
- Monitor and tune databases to achieve optimum performance levels
- Serve as a member of the on-call DBA support team during non-business hours
- Assist in the development of new data collection processes
- Development and maintenance of the database stored procedures, views and functions for Yes Energy applications
- Research, evaluate, and integrate new software, software versions, drivers, and hardware
- Improve the efficiency and help standardize current tasks through better process design and automation
- Respond to and resolve incident and problem tickets
- Document and thoroughly understand the database and system architecture
- Work closely with customer support team to communicate the root cause of outages, duration and recommendations or steps to resolve issues
- Consult with Yes Energy clients to integrate Yes Energy suite of products with their systems
- Implement appropriate levels of system security
- 2 years Oracle Database experience
- 2 years PL/SQL
- 2 years Linux (preferably Red Hat)
- Shell scripting
- SQL tuning
- Replication - preferably Shareplex
- Knowledge of nodal markets
The position will ideally be located at Yes Energy's Database Headquarters in Boston, Massachusetts. However, applicants desiring a Boulder office location will be considered.
Yes Energy does not provide any visa sponsorship.
NO RELOCATION IS OFFERED WITH THE POSITION.
Yes Energy provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Yes Energy complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.