DATA QUALITY ANALYST (GIS)
Yes Energy is looking for a motivated, early career professional to join our Data Operations team in the role of Data Quality Analyst. Using existing system rules and data proofs the position will maintain data accuracy and quality at all workflow points: acquisition, integration, distribution, use, maintenance, and preservation. The position identifies and corrects critical errors, analyzes trends, and makes recommendations for optimization. The role provides a great opportunity to grow and develop a career in a fast-paced startup environment.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for maps, geography and visualization - as well as a passion for quality. The successful candidate will initially gain competence in analyzing, reconciling and auditing data quality and accuracy against existing standards and proofs. The position will progress to writing and automating data proofs and audits and will will have the opportunity to ultimately become a proactive data efficiency guru by decreasing data defects and increasing quality through optimization, standardization, automation and a continuous improvement attitude. At the data efficiency guru level you will have opportunity to influence and potentially lead interns and other junior staff.
- Infrastructure Research – ensure the quality/completeness of our transmission grid data
- Data Quality Assurance – ensure that our datasets are complete, correct and timely
- Provide Supervisor and Operations Director with summaries of data issues, progress reports and management reports
- Coordinate with the Support team and other technical groups to resolve call center data issues
- Process and Product Leadership - identify, lead and complete projects to continually improve the quality of our data management
- Process Development - evaluate and improve our data development and quality assurance processes
- Resolve complex data issues with a thorough understanding of the systems abilities and customer needs
- Work with other analysts and technical teams to implement data verification processes, resolutions and system enhancements
- Develop standards and guidelines for clearly defining all aspects of the data issue resolutions
- Ensure the proper development and improvement processes are applied to optimize the quality of internal and external data
- Demonstrate working knowledge of database systems, as well as vendor systems integrated into client platforms.
- 3+ years experience managing geographic data
- A completed B.S. or B.A. degree. (Geography, Economics, Computer Science, Math, and Engineering are common majors but we are open to others.)
- Proactive self-starter
- A passion for quality, efficiency and continuous improvement
- Strong attention to detail
- Programming experience - GIS, SQL, PLSQL, VBA, MatLab, etc
- Advanced spreadsheet skills (charting, formulas, pivot tables, macros, etc)
- Interest in further developing technical and analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of energy markets or a desire to learn more
- Project leadership experience preferred
- Experience with powerflow models a plus
- Staff leadership experience a plus
- Green Belt Certification a plus
The position will be located at Yes Energy's Headquarters in Boulder, Colorado. Relocation expense reimbursement to Boulder is negotiable..
Yes Energy does not provide any visa sponsorship.
Yes Energy provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Yes Energy complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.