Database operations intern
THIS IS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY FOR A LOCAL STUDENT AT JUNIOR-SENIOR CREDIT LEVEL OR ABOVE.
We are looking for a student who is a problem solver, is a good communicator, carries a positive attitude, and is ready to apply these skills to assisting with administering Oracle databases. You will work with a small and motivated team to learn about, monitor, configure, and maintain the company's server and database systems. You will be able to grow your skills and contribution as part of a dynamic business with engaging colleagues.
- Competitive hourly compensation based upon experience and qualifications
- Resume-building experience in an innovative technology environment
- Cross discipline training outside the intern’s direct area of employment (e.g. sales, power markets, user interface, data analysis)
- Assistance creating a presentation that summarizes the applicant’s contributions at the end of the internship
- Flexible work schedule and hours. Also, occasional free cookies
- Knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of software integration and connectivity
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent decision making and problem solving skills
- Good organizational skills
- Good analytical ability, particularly in a technical environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Set up access roles and user accounts for Oracle
- Monitor disk and memory utilization, detect trends, and make recommendations to leadership concerning adding/removing hardware resources
- May assist with application and development teams with database support
- Provide internal technical assistance to product managers and provide technical answers to leadership
- Track database infrastructure
- Follow change management and IT best practices for database administration
- Create and update documentation for database infrastructure
Please send a resume, cover letter and transcript to email@example.com. In your cover letter, please indicate the department in which you would like to intern and your qualifications for the position.
Yes Energy provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Yes Energy complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.