Application Development Internship
Chicago, Illinois or Boulder, Colorado
This is a great opportunity for a local student at Junior-Senior credit level or above.
We are looking for a student who likes to jump in and learn new programming languages and techniques, while providing a creative approach to our diverse project needs. You will work with a small and motivated team to learn about, design and develop highly interactive data visualization tools. You will be able to grow your skills and contribution as part of a dynamic business with engaging colleagues.
- Competitive hourly compensation based upon experience and qualifications
- Resume-building experience in an innovative technology environment
- Cross discipline training outside the intern’s direct area of employment (e.g. sales, power markets, user interface, data analysis)
- Assistance creating a presentation that summarizes the applicant’s contributions at the end of the internship
- Flexible work schedule and hours. Also, occasional free cookies
- A strong academic background in Computer Science or Engineering/Math/Physics with programming experience.
- Strong project or internship experience with web-based development.
- Deep understanding of object oriented coding and design patterns in Java or other object oriented languages.
- Experience with service oriented architectures and design concepts.
- Experience with Tomcat or other Java-based middleware is a plus.
- Learning about and maintaining enterprise-grade commercial computer architectures
- Developing test suites in Java
- Creating Unix scripts to automate technical administrative tasks
- Researching and maintaining energy industry data with SQL
Please send a resume, cover letter and transcript to email@example.com. In your cover letter, please indicate the department in which you would like to intern and your qualifications for the position.
Yes Energy provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Yes Energy complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.