The Product Manager (PM), is responsible for the overall top line growth and contribution margin of the Product Line. The position is based in Boulder, Colorado and reports to the Vice-President of Product Management. As Product Manager, you will guide the marketing, design and delivery of Yes Energy’s product line with the Product, Sales and Technical teams.
Your responsibilities will include: developing new ways to deliver solutions to our customers and prospects; presenting and championing product sales and presentations to customers; developing product vision and strategy; competitive analysis and gathering market/user requirements; and working closely with the technology and sales teams to synthesize those requirements with the confines of our data capabilities and technology infrastructure.
The position communicates with all areas of the company and will work with development counterparts to define product release requirements and prioritize feature sets. He or she, will work with sales and marketing to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer. The position also serves as the internal and external evangelist for the product offering and frequently attends customer meetings and provides product demonstrations.
The ideal candidate will possess a unique blend of business, technical and interpersonal savvy. You must enjoy solving problems and finding innovative solutions with sales, developers, customers, and business team leads.
- Lead the entire product life cycle from market discovery to delivery
- Specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research, engaging with current and potential customers, analysis of competitive landscape, and market modeling
- Apply energy market expertise to product planning and support
- Partner with Yes Energy customers via on-site, phone, email and web-based outreach
- Gather market use cases & problems as inputs to user stories and product road maps
- Identify market opportunities, and align them to product vision and strategy
- Participate in the Agile product development process
- Prioritize incoming feature requests that provide value to customers and the business
- Collaborate with database, application, content, sales and management teams to deliver products to market
- Work closely with technical groups to measure data delivery success and optimize real time data delivery
- Perform market research and competitive analysis
- Communicate product development and market success across the organization
- Position will require a minimum of 10 -- 15% travel to customer sites to learn from customers, support the product, and provide technical sales of the product
- 2+ years applying technology to solve real world problems
- 2+ years’ experience in product management or energy trading operations
- BS/BA degree in a technology-related field
- Ability to leverage data to drive decision making
- Ability to solicit and embrace critical feedback internally and from customers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and a desire to apply those skills with customers and internal stakeholders. This includes both small and large (100+) audiences.
- Direct product management experience for a SAAS product
- Direct participation in electric power markets
- Prior data analysis skills with tools like SQL, Python, R, etc
- Experience working with Agile teams and process
- Engineering background especially with a focus in database and/or web technologies
The position will be located at Yes Energy's Headquarters in Boulder, Colorado. Relocation expense reimbursement to Boulder is negotiable..
Yes Energy does not provide any visa sponsorship.
Yes Energy provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Yes Energy complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.