DATA QUALITY ANALYST (GIS)
Yes Energy is looking for a motivated, early career professional to join our Data Operations team in the role of Data Quality Analyst. The position involves a high level of interaction between maps, energy market data and our database. The Data Quality Analyst will maintain data accuracy and quality for a wide range of energy data utilizing maps, database code (SQL, PL/SQL), data proofs, web research and Yes Energy’s software. Our work environment emphasizes high energy, collaboration, logic and multi-tasking. The role provides a great opportunity to grow and develop a career in a fast-paced startup environment.
We would love to hear from candidates who have a passion for maps, geography and visualization - as well as a passion for quality. An ideal candidate would also speak and read Spanish and be interested in developing expertise in the newly deregulated Mexican electricity markets.
We are excited about our work and we are looking for someone who will be as excited as us. The successful candidate will initially gain competence in analyzing and reconciling data quality and accuracy in our maps and database. The position will progress to writing and automating software solutions to improve our efficiency while maintaining a high level of data quality. Future development opportunities will include managing projects and influencing and potentially leading interns and other junior staff.
- Infrastructure Research – ensure the quality/completeness of our transmission infrastructure data
- Maintain and improve our various map layers: power plants, price nodes, market events and transmission system
- Data Quality Assurance – ensure that our datasets are complete, correct and timely
- Provide Operations Director with summaries of data issues, progress reports and management reports
- Coordinate with the Customer Support team and other technical groups to resolve data issues
- Assist with software testing and quality assurance on Yes Energy’s suite of products
- Process and Product Leadership - identify, lead and complete projects to continually improve the quality of our data management
- Work with other analysts and technical teams to create, implement and maintain various data quality projects
- Develop standards and guidelines for clearly defining all aspects of the data management
- Demonstrate working knowledge of our database systems, transmission systems and energy markets
- A qualified candidate will have the opportunity to participate directly in Customer Support
- An ideal candidate will also help us monitor the Mexican electricity markets and provide Customer Support for our clients in Mexico
Desired qualifications and experience
- 2+ years experience managing geographic data
- A completed B.S. or B.A. degree (Geography, Economics, Computer Science, Math, and Engineering are common majors but we are open to others.)
- Proactive self-starter
- An infinite desire to make things better
- A passion for quality, efficiency and continuous improvement
- An demonstrated interest in problem-solving
- Strong attention to detail
- Programming experience - GIS, SQL, PLSQL, Python
- Advanced spreadsheet skills (charting, formulas, pivot tables, macros, etc)
- Interest in further developing technical and analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of energy markets or a desire to learn more
- Project leadership experience preferred
- Experience with powerflow models a plus
- Staff leadership experience a plus
- Green Belt Certification a plus
- Ability to speak and read Spanish preferred
The position will be located at Yes Energy's Headquarters in Boulder, Colorado.
Yes Energy does not provide any visa sponsorship.
Yes Energy provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Yes Energy complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.