Senior applications developer
Join the Market Leader in Electric Power Trading Solutions!
Yes Energy’s industry leading electric power trading analytics software provides real time visibility into the massive amount of data that is generated by the US electrical grid every day. Our unique and innovative view of the data informs real time trading decisions that keep utility prices low and the grid up and running.
Why are we called Yes Energy?
Our business was founded on the principle of saying Yes to customers. We think that our customers have great ideas and we try to say Yes to them as often as possible. Our culture is infused with a “can do” spirit and a drive to do more to help power market participants make great decisions.
What are we dedicated to?
Our customers, of course. We also care about power markets that work, and we support the pursuit of efficient markets by devoting our efforts to delivering the best market information and insight. We believe in the power of open and competitive markets to assure reliable and low cost supply of electricity to everyone.
How did we get our Yes Attitude?
As Michael McNair got Yes Energy up and running in early 2008 he often thought about something he read: how John Lennon and Yoko Ono met. John attended an art gallery where Yoko was putting on a show. One exhibit was a ladder and when you climbed up there was a magnifying glass that could be used to see a teeny, tiny Yes written on the ceiling. Who knows what Yoko was really trying to say but it seems to us that finding the positive answer is how a company should approach its work with customers.
Who Are We Now?
We are a team of energy and information professionals who really think that power market data is fun. We love to collect and integrate huge amounts of real time energy information and make sense of it for our customers. We are top notch energy analysts, database gurus, application developers and economists. Most of our team has devoted their careers to energy market information. We are dedicated to keeping up with power markets as they evolve, and taking responsibility for quickly solving sticky market data problems so that our customers don’t have to.
Where Are We Headed?
Our story continues as our users ask us to create new solutions that extend our support across their workflow. We are building new tools for people who participate in power markets and who make these markets work-- because we want them to work too ... and because we like to say Yes to our customers.
As a senior member of the Application Development team you will play a key role in our transition to next generation web based application standards (HTML5/CSS3/ES2015). You will design and develop highly interactive web-based data visualization tools targeted at all screens: desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Play a lead role in researching and implementing next-generation HTML5 frameworks.
- Mock-up, design and implement complex, yet intuitive, user interface layouts.
- Develop creative new techniques to visualize large, complex data sets.
- Collect and document requirements from internal staff and client subject matter experts.
- Research, document and implement complex business logic.
Desired Qualifications and Experiences
- Expert level experience with web-based application development.
- Expert level experience with HTML5/JS and experience with a major HTML5 framework (e.g. Angular, Ember, React, Backbone)
- Proven track record of delivering quality, easy to use web based software.
- Experience with service oriented architectures and design concepts.
- Experience with Tomcat or other Java-based middleware is a plus.
- Energy industry experience or experience in equities/commodities trading is a plus.
- Chicago, Illinois
- Yes Energy does not provide any visa sponsorship
How to apply
Please email a resume and cover letter to: jobs@Yesenergy.com
Only applicants who and include both a cover letter and resume will be considered.
Yes Energy provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Yes Energy complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.